Committee meetings are occasionally held throughout the year. Our standing committees carry on from year to year, while time-and-need committees are formed on an as needed basis. The chairman and committee members are appointed by the Lee County Farm Bureau President and approved by the Board. All actions of all committees are subject to approval by the Lee County Farm Bureau Board.
- Open to any man, woman, or couple between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Committee meets monthly
- Involves young adults in the leadership and development opportunities that Illinois Farm Bureau and Lee County Farm Bureau have to offer
- Activities include: Annual Cookout, Harvest for All Food Drive, FFA Acquaintance Day, Contests, Conferences and more!
Public Relations/ MEMBER RELATIONS
- Committee meets four times a year
- Strives for membership growth and retention, as well as to enhance the membership experience
- Determines members' needs and provides programs, services and activities to improve the net income of our members\
- Helps create an informational dialogue about agriculture to the non-farm community through educational promotions and events
- Activities include: Farmer's Share Breakfast, Farm Visit Day, tours, marketing seminars, promotional events and more!
governmental & Local affairs
- Committee meets five times a year
- Is the link between the county Farm Bureau and local, state and national government officials who represent Lee County
- Monitors legislation on local, state and national levels
- Provides opportunities for members to participate in the policy development process
- Activities include: Policy development, Adopt-A-Legislator Program, meet & greets, information meetings and more!
board of directors
- Open to all "M" Members
- Elected by the membership at the Lee County Farm Bureau Annual Meeting
- Meets monthly
- Consists of 12 members, representing 4 districts
- Act as representatives of the membership
- Is the primary force pressing the Farm Bureau to the realization of its opportunities for service and the fulfillment of its obligations to its members